It is getting warm outside, and trust me, the last thing anyone needs is dehydration. Dehydration slows you down, makes you tired, and even a little cranky.
> 1/2 gallon water
> 1 grapefruit, sliced (can substitute with one lemon)
> 1 tangerine, sliced (can substitute with an orange)
> 1 large cucumber, sliced
> 10-20 peppermint leaves
> Ice – as much; as you like
Rinse grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice the cucumber, grapefruit, and tangerine. Combine all the ingredients in a half gallon pitcher. Allow the ingredients to sit as long as possible for maximum benefits.
Keep it simple, and be creative, you can make any combination for a colorful, flavorful water that keeps you hydrated and healthy!
Other Hydrating Water Combination Recommendations:
(1) Green Tea, Mint & Lime – wonderful to aid in fat burning and assist with digestion, combating headaches and congestion; also a natural breath freshener
(2) Strawberry – Kiwi – promotes cardiovascular health, immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, and aids digestion
(3) Cucumber, Lime & Lemon – supports water weight management, reduces bloating, assists with hydration and appetite control, and aids digestion
– Mint for extra natural flavoring
– Stevia or pure raw honey (optional) to add sweetness
Refrigerate your Detox Water for 4-6 hours, and serve over ice. You’ll feel like you’re at a spa in no time!
Rachel Feldman is a health coach, wellness momma, and a detox specialist. Based in Boca Raton, Florida, Rachel assists clients nationwide via phone, email and Skype. Rachel helps men and women struggling with weight gain, digestive issues and toxicity.Rachel graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City, Wild Rose Natural College of Healing, the International School of Detoxification andNatalia Rose Advanced Detox Certification Training. Rachel has also certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Her approach to health focuses not only on the foods you put into your mouth but also incorporates the elements of body, mind and soul. She helps her clients to access the blueprint for their health by discovering what foods fuel the body and not inflame the body. Her signature detox and cleanse programs help people to eliminate foods that are wreaking havoc on their body. To find out more about her work visit www.rachelswellness.com